This is all done on line any more. (last when CFU was doing it) 

But is still our basic application rules, outline and guidelines... Call or email whichever school you are applying for to see how and what they want  

Ether call the Community Foundation of Utah: 801-559-3005 or email them

But here’s what to expect


Willy the Plumber Scholarship



Personal Information for student to fill out:


Applicant’s Name: __________________________________  Date of birth _____________ 

Parents name [both]:_________________________________ USP# or DOB:____________

Parents name [other]:________________________________ USP# or DOB: ____________  

The parents full name, USP or Federal offender#, date of birth as is needed to verify parents criminal record (and dates of incarceration) And proof of incarceration.

Home Address: _____________________________________________

Best Phone #:__________________________

Email address (or 2): _________________________________________

Grade Point Average__________     Include High School  and/or College  transcripts 

College, University or vocational/ technical school you plan to attend with a letter of Acceptance: _______________________________  If you have not yet been accepted or selected an institution, please indicate where you have applied and the anticipated acceptance date.  

A copy of financial aid documents, such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. If you do not have a FAFSA you must write about your financial need in your essay.

Be prepared to write about/show your Utah connections.  

Please submit a personal statement of 500 words more or less and staple it to the application

Include in your statement - Your plans and goals, the importance of receiving this scholarship, anything else that maybe important; awards, special recognition, extra-curricular activities, jobs, sports, organizations, etc.  The number of times and the years of your parents incarceration[s] and how it or or their life-style affected you    

You also want some 'Letters of Recommendation' submitted with your Application. Get at least two 

We do need proof of the parent or guardian in prison or with a history of incarceration is a parent if last names are different. You can attach court documents, a letter from the prison, a pastor, counselor, lawyer or guardian ad litem, or another person familiar with the circumstances that, that person is a parent.

Also check with Community Foundation of Utah for their Application Form, due dates, mailing address and any questions or clarifications.

Lately it's all done on line, with an opening and closing date check with your school