Must meet Basic criteria, for the WtP Scholarships - you really want the help and support, letters and recommendations by a school counselor, adviser, mentor, teacher, friend or caseworker...
And then also meet the following criteria:
· The Student has a financial need for this scholarship, with minimum resources to assist them, including family assistance. (Again the parent[s] arrest record speaks louder then their W2's). So it is important that you include in your statement - the years of incarceration and number of times of parents incarceration[s] and also how their incarceration affected you and your life.
· Students should try to have two or three Letters of Recommendation from; teachers, counselors, administrator, community leader, or current or former employer, transcripts of your grades. And of course your personal statement.
· Any Student not coming straight from High School must also pass College entrance tests and have a letter from the College they are planning to attend, that say they are competent and capable of succeeding in that College.
· The Student is only entitled to one Scholarship at time, this one or someone else’s. (to me Pell grants are grants)
· Enroll full time at an eligible Utah institution of higher education.
· Students can only receive 2 years worth of Scholarships. (Leave some for others)
· Scholarship monies must be used for tuition and books, any reminding monies can be applied to the next semesters/quarter the student is attending.
You must send applications in by April 15th. But CHECK for ALL DATES AND REQUIREMENTS with the Community Foundation of Utah website and/or personnel (801-559-3005)
SCHOLARSHIP EVALUATION: Scholarship applications will be reviewed and evaluated by a committee comprised of business and community leaders and people in the educational field.